Let’s Find the Best Professional Hooded Hair Dryer 2020– How You Can Use it? that can fit into your budget, compact size, backed with good performance and powerful machine.
- 1 Best Professional Hooded Hair Dryer:
- 2 What is a Hooded Hairdryer?
- 3 Benefits of Hooded Hairdryer vs. a Regular Blow-dryer:
- 4 Important Features to Select:
- 5 What is the Difference between Home Use and Salon Use?
- 6 How you can use it?
- 7 Our Top Recommendations is here:
- 8 7 Best Top Rated Professional Hooded Hair Dryer
- 8.1 1. Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard Hat Dryer:
- 8.2 2. BaByliss PRO Ionic 2000 W Dryer:
- 8.3 3. Professional Saloon Performance Dryer:
- 8.4 4. BR Dryer and Chair Combo:
- 8.5 5. Saloon Portable Professional Hair Dryer:
- 8.6 6. Tourmaline Tools 1059 Ionic Salon Dryer by Hot Tools:
- 8.7 7. Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer:
Best Professional Hooded Hair Dryer:
In this article, we are going to share with you our personal experience that how you can make a professional hairstyle by using the Hooded Hair Dryer.
Hooded hairdryers, the name charms up your great-grandmother in a hairdresser sitting below with monstrous rollers in her hair!
She’s wearing a pink hairdresser’s gown and waiting for her hair to place along with other women all seated in a line.
But, before you remove the little hooded hairdryer, read on. The hooded hair dryer is experiencing a resurgence in fashion and with some easy updates; it’s fast becoming a necessary appliance when it comes to producing good looking, big curly hair!
What is a Hooded Hairdryer?
A hooded hair dryer is a high appliance that matches a tall stand with a huge hood shape at the top. In the hood, there are vented boxes that blow hot (or cold) air.
You sit underneath the hooded hair dryer, putting the hood over your soaked or damp hair, and let it dry your hair off.
Often, it’s used to dry hair placed in rollers, but it can be applied to dry hair naturally (although you can’t apply brushes at the same time). Basically used in the 1950s, it’s enjoying a re-invention at the moment.
Benefits of Hooded Hairdryer vs. a Regular Blow-dryer:
The major benefit is that you don’t have to do any manual job. You just sit under the hood and wait for your hair to dry.
There’s no wrist pain, no angling your body so you reach the back of your head, and no awkward brushes to apply.
But, the disadvantage is the time it gets to dry hair, although some people like the fact that they have to wait for their hair to dry and can’t do anything else except reading, which can be a good way to rest!
It’s also quicker than using basic rollers to dry hair but if you want to utilize rollers, heated rollers are frequently faster than a hooded dryer and allow you to do something else while waiting for them to fit perfectly.
Hooded hair dryers are wonderful if you are a stylist at home and want to fit in extra customers. Simply seat a customer who wants curly hair under one and style another client in-between for convenience!
Important Features to Select:
Look for the following in a smart hooded hairdryer:
Ionic technology: which is the ability to make positive ions in the atmosphere and lock hydration into the hair. The outcome is a smoother, shinier, more prominent looking curl.
Variable heat settings: This is vitally significant because you want to tailor the heat according to your hair kind. Put it low for fine or damaged hair and raise the temperature for thicker, coarser hair.
Timer: It is necessary to have an eye on how long you sit under a hooded hairdryer.
Ideally, a head full of rollers that is of medium thickness and medium length should hardly require around 20 minutes to 25 minutes to dry. Fix the timer to around 15 minutes first and check your hair.
A cool shot setting is helpful at the end of the timing period as this “locks” the curls in position.
Some hooded hairdryers come with sets of rollers. Helpful if you’re just starting out with this type of stock.
Pick a hooded hairdryer with variable speeds: Just like with a hairdryer, you can manage the speed according to your hair type.
Fine hair doesn’t require a really quick blast of air and can be dried gently, therefore with more care. The same refers to damaged or broken hair.
What is the Difference between Home Use and Salon Use?
Yes, there is. Hooded hairdryers for salons are developed to be stronger and for very consistent use so they are generally stronger, have more features, and are more costly.
You don’t require one of these for home-usage. A simple hooded hairdryer should satisfy as long as it has the right features for your hair type.
However, if you have been looking for a hooded hairdryer for a salon, you want something that will be long-lasting as it will be applied again and again.
You might need to examine fixed hooded hairdryers with chair attachments rather than wheelie variants or those on a stand.
Although if you only want to start with one to see how strong it goes for you, possibly don’t rush into a huge outlay and buy one on a stand or wheels.
For home usage, try a hooded hairdryer on a stand or on tiny wheels. They work in a similar way. The more costly versions will have more temperature settings and will be stronger.
The seated ones will have thicker seat cushions, possibly have armrests and beneficial back support but these are blended up for salon treatment.
How you can use it?
Firstly – these dryers are not an instant fix. You should have some patience and time to let it work its magic.
However, if you do have occupied life, it’s a fabulous way to factor in some R&R because you can flip through a manual, catch up on a book or play around with your tablet while waiting for your hair to place.
Step by Step guide:
- Wash hair.
- Towel dry.
- Use a heat protecting spray.
- Section hair out.
- Roll hair in the right size rollers (small for little curls or short hair, medium for mid-size curls or medium length hair, large for big hair or very long hair).
- Clip rollers to your head.
- Switch the hooded dryer on and fix the temperature and timer.
- Sit under the hood until the timer “beeps”.
- Check individual roller, if it is dry your hair is willing if it is still damp, re-set the hooded hairdryer for another 10 minutes.
- Switch off when you are done.
- Roll out each section correctly.
Our Top Recommendations is here:
When it comes to purchasing a hair dryer that you can apply professionally in salons, a number of factors require to be considered before any decision is made.
Normally, a hooded hair dryer is considered more suitable for professional usage since it produces much better drying results and requires less hard work.
But before you get yourself a hooded hair dryer, here are some ultimate tips which will advise you to choose the right one:
1. Heat is the first part to consider and you should positively stay away from any hair dryer that gives less than 2500 watts of machine pressure. If it offers flexible heat settings that would be extremely better.
2. The size of the hooded hair dryer is the next part to be considered since a professional salon dryer need to be worked over several types of hairstyles and should be huge enough to fit good over them.
3. The height flexible lever is another consideration that should be kept in mind when getting professional hair dryers. Even if you do have movable chairs, height change is a key feature.
4. If you want something movable, it is sufficient to go for a softer bonnet dryer, which is a slightly more flexible model of hooded hair dryer and can be moved between different places conveniently.
5. You should also examine the interior of the hooded hair dryer particularly if you want to use it for processes that involve the application of chemicals. An anti-staining coat on the interior surface is helpful.
7 Best Top Rated Professional Hooded Hair Dryer
1. Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard Hat Dryer:
|It’s comparatively quiet and has changeable temperature/speed settings just similar a regular hairdryer.||Check On Amazon|
2. BaByliss PRO Ionic 2000 W Dryer:
|This height-adjustable hooded hairdryer is also movable, with wheels at the base so you can easily manage it around to where you want it.||Check On Amazon|
3. Professional Saloon Performance Dryer:
|The BR Beauty Professional Salon Max Hooded Hairdryer describes a top of the range home-use and salon-use hooded hairdryer.||Check On Amazon|
4. BR Dryer and Chair Combo:
|It doesn’t move and is quite heavy, so it’s not proposed for basic use at home.||Check On Amazon|
5. Saloon Portable Professional Hair Dryer:
|This is a great all-around hooded hairdryer that dries hair properly, without harm if used correctly.||Check On Amazon|
6. Tourmaline Tools 1059 Ionic Salon Dryer by Hot Tools:
|It features ionic nano-technology that allows this dryer to run as a spa treatment for the hair, while its 1875 watt output performs the hair drying process quicker.||Check On Amazon|
7. Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer:
|The interior is huge enough to be fixed on large roller settings while it is also powerful enough to be used for dangerous chemical treatments.||Check On Amazon|
Related Article: Best Hair Dryer With Retractable Cord Professional Reviews